Serene Riverside Georgetown Country Home With Spectacular Views
Experience stress-free country living at this one-of-a-kind Texas Hill Country home
Situated among live oaks on a mile of San Gabriel River frontage, 172 acres of working farmland, and full of history, this Texas Hill Country Home on a Georgetown ranch is sure to captivate the whole group with its stunning views, terraced patios and original charm.
Throughout this thoughtfully designed home, you’ll marvel at unique touches that speak to its special appeal
– From the hand-laid stone pulled from the river, to the 5-tiered waterfall out back. You’ll even find framed prints of art painted by previous owner and artist C.P. Montague (who happened to be one of Lyndon B. Johnson’s favorite) decorating the walls.
The open living area offers plenty of air conditioned space to catch up with friends, while the gourmet kitchen provides all you need to prep family-style meals, including a dishwasher for easy clean-up.
Curl up with a book by the wood-burning fireplace (wood provided), host family movie night on the 52” flat screen TV and DVD player, or stream your favorite show through Wi-Fi on your devices.
Two luxurious king suites come complete with light-filled sitting rooms and beautiful linens.
A queen sleeper sofa in the living alcove and additional 22” queen inflatable mattress with comfy bedding creates room for up to 8 travelers. If you brought the little one, a Pack-n-play and high chair are available too.
Two baths, one with a walk-in shower, the other with a square soaking tub offers a convenient way to share space. A front-load washer and dryer helps keep packing light.
An entertainer’s paradise lies just outside!
Relax with a glass of wine on multi-level terraced patios while listening to the soothing cascading waterfall, or the fountain in the pond below. Fire up the charcoal grill and large smoker and dine alfresco with the whole group. At dusk, a fire pit awaits for story swapping, S’mores making, and stargazing.
Just 10 minutes down the road is historic Georgetown with its museums and live music.
Shopping at IKEA and the outlet mall is just 20 minutes away, and you’ll be in the heart of Austin in 30 minutes.
Or stay close to home and find great fishing in the San Gabriel River, along with 172 acres for hiking and birding.
Be sure to check out our farm tour where the whole family can learn about local fossils, search for arrowheads, engage with the animals, or take tractor rides. Don’t forget your pets! Open acres of leash-free space is a dog’s dream come true at this Texas Hill Country home.
Ditch the city life for the serenity of the Texas countryside and come see what it’s like to live on a working farm and explore a living museum!
I would love it if you would post a photo of you and/or your pet enjoying the home and the farm on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram!
Please contact me if you have any questions.
Dan and and our son and his familyI live on the farm, so we are here to assist you any time.
- The average cost per night is $229: the longer the stay the lower the cost per night.
- The minimum stay is 2 nights, and the cost per night for up to 6 people is $284. Each additional person up to a maximum of 8 guests total is $20.
- If you can spend one week with us, the 7th night is free, for a total of $1704.
- If you can spend 4 weeks with us, get the 4th week free and pay only $5112.
- There is a $100 cleaning fee. For guests that stay longer than 2 weeks, there will be an additional $100 cleaning fee every 2 weeks. The home will be professionally cleaned each time, with all sheets changed.
- There is a $59 insurance premium that all guests purchase which will cover any accidental damages up to $1500. If anything breaks or is damaged, simply take a photo of it with your phone and email to me with an explanation of what happened – dish slipped out of my hands, child broke it, etc. I take care of filing the claim – no hassle for you.
- We do not raise our rates for the holidays or special events in the area as some do by as much as 300% – 400%.
- We do not have a slow season. During the winter months, we have many guests stay for a month at a time to escape the cold up North, and others that simply want to get out in the country and enjoy the fireplaces and fire pits!
- Dogs are welcome. There is a $50 pet fee.
Submit your review
We are so happy we chose this beautiful property, Rocky Overlook, for our stay in Georgetown and wish we had known about it all the years we visited family here! Georgetown is our extended family hub so we visit here often and usually stay in a hotel in Round Rock. This time there was a wedding and we needed to be closer so we tried Home Away. This property is absolutely beautiful and private and comfortable and clean. Sheron and Dan are the nicest couple -we felt like we had known them forever. I can’t say enough about the house- has everything you could need, it is very unique and beautiful, the property is so pretty and conducive to all kinds of outdoor activities. It is quiet and private because it’s outside of town, but once we drove there the first time, it was very easy to get to town in minutes! We absolute felt at home from the moment of our arrival. I recommend this property wholeheartedly and without reservation! And quite honestly, we are super picky.
The greatest experience, made trip a perfect get-a-way. It is hard to express - special, relaxed, calm and tranquil in a few words about our stay. I had two of my grandkids and their Aunt with me and expected we would have a great time. The home (Rocky Overlook) was beautiful on the computer. I did not expect the amazing service we were given, from the time we opened the front door and found the homemade chocolate chip muffins we felt at home!
The family that owns the property truly went out of their way for each of us - it is out of this world amazing. There were many special little things that meant so much. Sheron took us on a tour of the property that we all enjoyed. My grandkids were allowed to gather fresh eggs from the chicken coop, they were taken on a tractor ride by Dan. We wee driven to a special location for the river floating and shown exactly where to come out. this place is off the chart perfect. The home had everything we needed. With two kids we went through some towels, and there were still plenty. Very well stocked, down to a water bowl for my fur baby.
I have stayed in many rental homes and this one is by far the best. The yard, the location, the home, the service and the family were super friendly. We had to come home Sunday morning for church, but we extended our stay until the last minute. I promise you will have no regrets - it was exceptional! I will definitely make a return visit.